Monday, July 12, 2010

Even poker is going high tech

When John played a big pot with a guy from Holland, the reporter from Pokernews.NL came by and asked about the hand. They were talking in Dutch, so John couldn't figure out what they were saying, but he went on his I-phone to the pokernews.nl website and found out exactly what the guy had!

John and I are paying a friend of his $40 each to do a pretty thorough internet search on tomorrow's tablemates. I've been careful not to use my name on this blog, but may have to take it down rather than have someone able to glean even a little bit about my strategy. (John had to disable his blog after it started coming up when you googled "John Armbrust Poker.") I should be safer, as I am going by "LuckyScum."

In any case, we now play every day and I won't have as much time for blogging or calling. You can get updates by going to http://twitter.com/luckyscum and you can even get updates sent to your cellphone by registering for a twitter account yourself. I'll try to tweet at least six times a day.

To my tweets delivered automatically as text messages to your cellphone, do the following:
1) open a twitter account at twitter.com
2) register your cellphone (use the "mobile" tab to do so)
3) text "follow luckyscum" to 40404 (without the quote marks)

No comments: