Monday, July 5, 2010

World's biggest asshole--almost

Monday morning I wake up, more than a little groggy. I have to admit that the short break between two trips has not been sufficiently rejuvenating, and I am not playing my best and not feeling my best. It's time to go home. Impulsively, I jam all my belongings into my suitcase and head for the airport, once again changing my $29 internet special flight to a $154 full fare to fly home 5 hours ahead of schedule.

Dana greets my early arrival with enough enthusiasm that I know instantly I've made the right decision.

In the days that follow, my exhaustion from the two trips to Vegas nearly equals her post-surgery recovery. I am oh-so-glad I came home and somehow find the energy--helped by copious naps--to earn her admiration for my efforts to nurse her back to health.

I'm writing this nearly two weeks after my last Vegas visit, finally able to accomplish a few things after ten days of compulsively searching World Series of Poker results, poker gossip, political machinations, and other trivia.

Just in time to head back to Vegas for the Main Event on Wednesday.

No comments: