Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Home, briefly

Thanks to my extended tournament run, I arrive 24 hours late on Sunday evening with just a few days to rest before my Thursday return to Vegas. Dana and the kids are great, full of congratulations but more importantly letting me sleep in. For my part, I try really hard to be helpful around the house, cleaning, cooking, blowing the Jacaranda leaves off the porch and trying to avoid complicated conversations.
I can see a problem looming on the horizon, though. Dana is scheduled for back surgery a week from Wednesday, and my favorite tournament starts Monday, with the final table on Wednesday. After all the extra work I’ve made Dana do for the World Series this year, though, there’s just no way I can justify playing in it.
Thursday rolls around all too fast, and almost before I know it I’m back on a plane to Vegas for part II.

No comments: