Saturday, June 19, 2010

Vegas Logic

Back in Pokerland, my well-intentioned friends are trying to convince me to re-evaluate my decision to skip my favorite poker tournament coming up this Monday to fly home to be with my wife, Dana, who's having back surgery on Wednesday.

The "Vegas Logic" argument:
(1) The tournament starts on Monday, and she's not having surgery until Wednesday. 9 out of ten times you'll be out the first day anyway.
(2) 99 times out of 100 you'll be out the second day and you can still make the surgery.
(3) If, by some chance, you survive until the third day you'll be at the Final Table and in for enough money that it will all be worth it.

I will mull this over.

But first, it's Saturday night in Vegas and I'm spending my time blogging. Let's get out of here and hit the poker tables!

No comments: