Thursday, July 10, 2008

Brief update, dinner break, Day 3

Out of a starting field of 6844, we are down to around 750. Of these 750, 666 will walk away with a guaranteed $21,000 and a shot at $9.1 million. The other 84 will get nothing. Play will be very tense for the next three hours until we hit 666.

I've played like a nit for the past few hours, not entering many pots and occasionally exploiting my tight image for a reraise steal. It hasn't been fun. I got ground down to around $140,000 before winning a huge pot from Robert Mizrachi when my J J connected strongly with a Q Q J flop. Now I've got $200,000 in chips, a little above average.

If I were playing optimally, I'd go crazy here trying to rob people. Unfortunately, I suffer from a common amateur drawback--making the money has too much non-monetary utility to really risk it. So it's back to being a bit of a nit until the bubble breaks.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Thank for the update & good luck!

Anonymous said...

Online Poker - promotion with free money for start play options, for new shark and beginner - all possible $50 bankrolls.

Pokerfreak